COOLKERRY, a parish, in the barony of UPPER OSSORY, QUEEN'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (E. by S.) from Rathdowney, on the road to Castledurrow ; containing 375 inhabitants, This parish comprises 1720 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, entirely impropriate in the Ladies G. and A. Fitzpatrick ; the tithes amount to #110, wholly payable to the impropriators, who allow an annual stipend of #10. 10. to the vicar of Aughmacart for performing the clerical duties. The church is in ruins, and the Protestant parishioners attend the church at Rathdowney. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Aghavoe.