CASTLEBRACK, a parish, in the barony of TINNEHINCH, QUEEN s county, and province of LEINSTER, 6 miles (W. N. W.) from Portarlington; containing 1855 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated in the north-east angle of the county, where it joins King's county, and on the river Oweness, derives its name from the castle, now in ruins, which was built by the Dunne family and was formerly a strong place surrounded by a moat. Fairs are held on May 16th and Aug. 12th. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Kildare, and is part of the union of Rosinallis or Oregan; the rectory is impropriate in Gen. Dunne. The tithes amount to £210.2. 6., of which £140. 1. 8. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Mountmellick; the chadel is on the townland of Clonaghedor, where there is a national school, in which are about 30 boys and 40 girls, and a hedge school, in which are about 30 boys and 20 girls.