All Lewis entries for St. Martins



St. Martins

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Kilkenny

TEMPLEMARTIN

TEMPLEMARTIN,or ST. MARTIN, a parish, in the barony of GOWRAN, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 2? miles (E.) from Kilkenny, on the road to Dublin ; containing 17 inhabitants, and comprising 747 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, entirely appropriate to the vicars choral of the cathedral of St. Canice, Kilkenny ; the tithes amount to #77. 6. 8. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of St. Canice.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021