All Lewis entries for Kilmadum



Kilmadum

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Kilkenny

KILMODUM

KILMODUM, a parish, in the barony of GOWRAN, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (S.) from Castlecomer, on the river Dinin and the road to Kilkenny ; containing 900 inhabitants. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Dunmore ; the rectory is impropriate in the corporation of Kilkenny. The tithes amount to £210, of which £140 is payable to the impropriators, and £70 to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of St. John's. There are two private schools, in which are about 80 children.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021