KILLALOE, or GRANGOOLY, a parish in the barony of SHILLELOGHER, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (N.) from Callan, on the road from Kilkenny to Ballingarry ; containing 1274 inhabitants This parish comprises 5142 statute acres, and contains Rossmore, the seat of Purefoy Poe, Esq. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Callan: the tithes amount to £374. 9. 10. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Ballycallan. About 160 children are educated in a public school, to which the Countess of Desart and the Rev. Mr. Morris contribute £15 an-nually ; and about 140 in a private school ; there is also a Sunday school. Here is a constabulary police station ; and a fever hospital is supported by the Earl of Desart, for the benefit of his tenants.