All Lewis entries for Kilkieran



Kilkieran

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Kilkenny

KILKYRAN

KILKYRAN, a parish, in the barony of GOWRAN, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (N. N. E.) from Kilkenny; containing 106 inhabitants. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Rathcoole, with which the tithes are returned: the rectory is appropriate to the economy estate of the cathedral of St. Canice, Kilkenny. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Templeorum.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021