All entries for Glashare



Glashare

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Kilkenny

GLASHARE

GLASHARE, a parish, in the barony of GALMOY, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 4? miles (S. by E.) from Rathdowney; containing 619 inhahitants. This parish comprises 2703 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at #1824. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, and forms part of the union of Rathdowney. The tithes amount to #100. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Eirke. About 50 children are educated in a private school.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2019