All Lewis entries for Clashacrow



Clashacrow

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Kilkenny

CLASHACROW

CLASHACROW, or DE-GLAISHCROE, a parish, in the barony of CRANAGH, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 11/4 mile (S. S. E.) from Freshford ; containing 250 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the river Nore, and on the road from Kilkenny to Freshford, and comprises 979 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory, in the diocese ot Ossory, and forms part of the union of Freshford : the tithes amount to £73. 16. 11. In the R. C. divisions it is also part of the union or district of Freshford.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021