All Lewis entries for Ladytown



Ladytown

More information on Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)



Accompanying Lewis map for Kildare


LADYTOWN

LADYTOWN, a parish, in the barony of CONNELL, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER, 2? miles (S. W.) from Naas ; containing 402 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the river Liffey, comprises 2629 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at #1683 per annum. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Kildare, forming part of the union of Great Connell ; the rectory is impropriate in Sir T. Molyneux, Bart., Sir G. Cockburn, K.G.H., and A. Rourke, Esq. The tithes amount to #95. 9. 6., of which #63. 13. is payable to the impropriators, and #31. 16. 6. to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Caragh and Downings.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2020