COTLANDSTOWN, a parish, partly in the barony of UPPERCROSS, county of DUBLIN, and partly in that of UPPER NAAS, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER, 1- mile (E. by N.) from Ballymore-Eustace ; containing 459 inhabitants, This parish is situated on the river Liffey, and on the road from Ballymore-Eustace to Kilcullen. It comprises 1490 statute acres, partly in pasture and partly under tillage ; the system of agriculture is improving, and the principal crops are barley, oats, and potatoes. The gentlemen's seats are Stonebrook, the residence of O'Connor Henehy, Esq., in whose demesne is the ancient parochial burial-ground ; and Mullaboden, of the Rev. H. Johnston. The Dublin part of the parish is within the jurisdiction of St. Sepulchre's Court, Dublin, The parish is partly in the diocese of Dublin, and partly in that of Kildare : the rectory of the Kildare portion is appropriate to the see, and that of the Dublin portion forms part of the corps of the treasurership of St. Patrick's cathedral ; the vicarage forms part of the union of Ballymore-Eustace. The tithes amount to £69. 15. 5-., of which £49. 7. 6-. is payable to the Bishop of Kildare, £4. 7. 11. to the lessee of the treasurer of St. Patrick's, Dublin, and the remaining £8 to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Ballymore-Eustace, In the Kildare part of the parish is a private school of about 20 boys and 20 girls.