NATULASH, or ST. NICHOLAS, a parish, in the barony of FERMOY, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 1 mile (S.) from Kildorrery, on the mail car road from Fermoy to Limerick ; containing 862 inhabitants. It is situated on the western bank of the river Funcheon, which flows for nearly a quarter of a mile through a romantic glen formed by two precipitous limestone rocks, apparently rent asunder by some convulsion of nature. It comprises 1009 statute acres, as rated for the county cess, and valued at £863 per ann. : the land is generally good, and chiefly in tillage, and the state of agriculture is gradually improving. Good marble is found at Ballymahan : there is no wasteland or bog. Near the village of Rockmills are the extensive flour-mills from which it derives its name, erected by the late R. Aldworth, Esq., of Newmarket ; they are propelled by the Funcheon, and are capable of manufacturing nearly 12,000 sacks of flour annually : adjacent is Rockmill Lodge, the beautifully situated residence of Mrs. Oliver. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cloyne, united to the vicarage of Kildorrery, and in the gift of the Bishop, which union is held by faculty with that of Ahern, The tithes of Nathlash amount to £120, and of the union of that name, to £279. 11. The church, a small neat structure with a tower and spire, is at Rockmills : it was erected in 1811, by aid of a gift of £800 from the late Board of First Fruits, In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Kildorrery. The school, for which a good plain building was erected by the late Mr. Aldworth, at an expense of £100, is chiefly supported by subscription ; in it and in a private school about 40 children are instructed : there is also a Sunday school.-See ROCKMILLS.
ROCKMILLS, a village, in the parish of NATHLASH, or ST. NICHOLAS, barony of FERMOY, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 2 miles (N. N. W.) from Glanworth, on the road to Kildorrery: the population is returned with the parish. It derives its name from the large flour-mills in the immediate vicinity, romantically situated in the rocky vale of the river Funcheon ; adjoining the mills is Rockmill Lodge, the residence of Mrs. Oliver. In the village is the parochial church, a small neat building with a tower and spire. The surrounding scenery is varied and highly picturesque.