KILLENTIERNA, a parish, in the barony of TRUGHENACKMY, county of KERRY, and province of MUNSTER, 3 miles (S. by W.) from Castleisland, on the road to Killarney ; containing 2079 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the river Brown Flesk, comprises 13,127 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £4194. 15. 2-. per annum. The soil is light and gravelly ; limestone, which abounds, is used for manure, and the state of agriculture is gradually improving : there are several patches of bog. Dicksgrove, the finely wooded demesne of R. Meredith, Esq., is in this parish. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe, united to that of Dysert, and together constituting the union of Killentierna, in the patronage of the Proprietors of the Seigniory of Castleisland : the tithes amount to 283. 7. 2-., and the entire tithes of the union to £457 ; and there is a glebe of 35 acres, subject to a rent of £50 late currency. The church is a small plain building with a square tower, erected about 1816, towards which the late Board of First Fruits gave £800. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the district of Currens, or Killentierna : the chapel is near the latter village. About 90 children are educated in two private schools. The ruins of the old church still remain in the burial-ground.