CURRENS, a parish, partly in the barony of MAGONIHY, and partly in that of TRUGHENACKMY, county of KERRY, and province of MUNSTER, 6- miles (N. E.) from Milltown ; containing 1565 inhabitants, This parish is situated on the road from Castle Island to Dingle, and on the rivers Mang, or Maine, and the Brown Flesk ; it comprises 4456- statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, of which about three-fifths lie on the south of the Maine, and in the barony of Magonihy. The soil is light, and agriculture is improving ; the substratum on the north of the Maine consists of limestone, which is much used for manure, and tbere is a quarry of good stone adapted for building ; there are some patches of bog. Riverville is the seat of Richard Marshall, Esq. A large cattle fair is held on May 6th ; two other fairs formerly held have been discontinued. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe, and is part of the union of Kiltallagh : the tithes amount to £162. 3. 1., of which £58. 3. 1. is payable to the rector of Ballymacelligott, for the rectorial tithes of that part of the parish which lies north of the Maine ; £47 to the incumbent, for his vicarial tithes of the same portion ; and £57 to the same for the entire tithes of that portion which lies south of the Maine. In the R. C. divisions the greater part of this parish is in the union or district of Ballymacelligott ; the remainder forms the head of a district, comprising also the parishes of Dysart and Killentierna : the parochial chapel is in the village of Currens, and there is a chapel of ease in Killentierna. About 40 children are educated in a hedge school.