TYRENASCRAGH, a parish, in the barony of LONGFORD, county of GALWAY, and province of CONNAUGHT, 3- miles (N. N. E.) from Portumna, on the road from Loughrea to the Shannon ; containing 1093 inhabitants. This parish, which is pleasantly situated on the river Shannon, comprises 3686 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act ; about one-half of the land is arable and in a profitable state of cultivation ; the system of agriculture is improving, and there is a large tract of bog. The principal seats are Longford Lodge, the residence of Major Kelly ; Longford Castle, of J. Dowling, Esq. ; and Waterview, of J. Lemon, Esq. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Clonfert, forming part of the union of Dononoughta; the rectory is appropriate partly to the see and partly to the deanery. The tithes amount to £71. 1. 6-., of which £34. 3. 1. is payable to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, (as part of the temporalities of the see), £4. 12. 8- to the Dean, and £32. 6. l-. to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Killimore ; the chapel is a small thatched building, situated in the village. About 150 children are taught in two private schools in the parish.