KILKERRIN, a parish, in the barony of TYAQUIN, county of GALWAY, and province of CONNAUGHT, 8- miles (N. W. by W.) from Ballinamore, on the road from that place to Dunmore; containing 5012 inhabitants. The principal seats are New Forest, the residence of J. D'Arcy, Esq; Capper, of A. Beatty, Esq.; and Welford, of Martin D'Arcy, Esq. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Tuam, episcopally united from time immemorial to the vicarages of Boyannagh and Clonbern, and in the patronage of the Archbishop: the tithes amount to £325, and of the union to £670. The church, which is a small structure, about to be rebuilt, was erected in 1784 by aid of a gift of £390 from the late Board of First Fruits. There is a glebe-house, for the erection of which the Board, in 1817, gave £400 and lent £370. In the R. C. divisions the parish is the head of a union or district, comprising also Clonbern, and containing three chapels, two at Kilkerrin and one at Clonbern. The parochial school, in which are about 40 children, is supported by a donation of £40 per annum from the rector, who has also given a house and two acres of land; about 320 children are educated in four private schools, and there is a Sunday school.