CLONTUSKERT, or CLONTHUSKERT, a parish, partly in the barony of LONGFORD, but chiefly in that of CLONMACNOON, county of GALWAY, and province of CONNAUGHT, 5 miles (N. N. w.) from Eyrecourt, on the road to Ballinasloe ; containing 4002 inhabitants, and comprising 11,837 statute acres. Boadan, or Broadan, founded a monastery here for Augustinian canons, in the early part of the 9th century, and was the first abbot ; at the suppression it was granted to Richard, Earl of Clanricarde. Gurteemona is the seat of J. Blake, Esq. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Clonfert, and, with the greater portion of the rectory united, is part of the union of Clonfert : the other portion of the rec. tory is appropriate to the see : the tithes amount to £304. 12. 3-., of which £46. 3. 1. is payable to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, and £258. 9. 2-. to the incumbent, The glebe-house was built in 1820, by aid of a gift of £250, and a loan of £450 from the same Board. The church, which is at Glanlahan, is a very neat building, with a spire of hewn stone; it was erected in 1818, by aid of a gift of £900 from the late Board of First Fruits. The R. C. parish is co-extensive with that of the Established Church, and has a chapel. There is a school at Glanlahan, aided by annual donations from the Earl of Clancarty and the rector ; and at Bonla is another school : together they instruct about 2.70 boys and 180 girls, besides whom, about 100 children are taught in three hedge schools. The ruins of the abbey are in good preservation : the gateway is still perfect, and the east window is very fine; and there are several ancient inscriptions, still very legible, the principal of which are those of the O'Kellys.